Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One year ago today











I just realized that today is our anniversary.....of moving to Hawaii. This has been an eventful year. One full of beauty. A great year for reconnecting with some old friends and meeting new people. Two moves for housing since we arrived, but we are settled in for the long haul. Rachel and U'iLani live right next door. Sister Rebecca lives about 1 1/2 miles away. We have our two cats, Minnie and Munchkin back with us (they arrived last month, it was a real hassle moving them to Hawaii). We have tons of wild chickens who are now eating out of our hands.
These are the good things.

On the flip side, the not so good things......David gets worse every month. A case manager came and talked to us about nursing home options. I doubt we will go that route unless something dire happens to me. David flat out stated that going to a nursing home would kill him. Since his mind is made up, it probably would. Meanwhile, he requires more and more care. I am tired. I need a break. I pray I get one. Looking into a support group for caregivers. I heard there is one that meets every other month. I will check it out. This weekend three of our teen aged chickens were killed, not sure what got them. U'iLani is heartbroken as one of them was her favorite, she had named him Cupcake Junior. She cried for hours, it was very sad. She is learning about that circle of life, a hard lesson for a five year old.
I love being back in Hawaii. I need to make time to enjoy it MORE. Sunday we spent the day at Ala Moana Beach. It was a perfect day.

2 comments:

Thanks for reading my blog!