Friday, October 16, 2009

Not a good day, but trying to find something positive

My mom just called. My dad has lung cancer. Again. He had lung cancer 15 years ago and lost half of one lung. Now the other lung has cancer. They will operate and remove one lobe of his lung. I'm so scared. He is 81. Other than the other cancer he has always been in good health. He doesn't have a grey hair on his head, he looks like he is about 55-60, everyone thinks my mom is his mother, not his wife. I last saw Dad almost 2 years ago, for some reason at that time I had the feeling it was the last time I would ever see him. This past summer he had a gallbladder operation, at that time they first thought he was having a heart attack, but it wasn't one, it was a gall bladder attack. I was scared then too. It turned out ok. I am just hoping and praying this scare will turn out ok. They found this cancer thru routine tests, not from any symptoms. Please, God, spare my dad again, I'm not ready for him to go home to You.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you sugar britches. HUGS and will pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!