Monday, February 8, 2010

Are you an inspiration for someone?

I spent the early morning reading some blogs, some facebook enteries and putting the phone numbers of some friends in my cell phone. All of these people have touched my life in some way, and even inspired me to be more creative or to be more productive or to look up old friends and stay in touch better with new friends.
This morning's activities caused me to reflect on the many people who have been an inspiration in my life. It made me realize that even little things we do can be the "touch" some other person needs, that even small gestures can be life changing for someone else.
Barb, I can't even begin to say what you have meant in my life. I love you and I am so happy that I can truly say that I have a bestest friend. You've been with me through thick and thin since 1986, when we met. You and I are like spam and musibi, like popcorn and arare, and da kine....you know what I mean. Luv you more than I can ever say and thank you for EVERYTHING. I can't wait til we see each other again. I miss you so very much.
I want to thank Judy for writing, for posting beautiful pictures, for jogging my memory of days gone by and to remember to cherish and live in the now. She probably has no idea that her blog has done this for me, first on the ebay blogs, then in blogspot and now on facebook. She is a woman that inspires me to do MORE, to work harder and to play with abandon.
Reading Judy's blogs let me know where my friend Joe disappeared to! I met Joe on the ebay blogs too. He was there for me during one of my darkest periods. He would write wonderful blogs, exposing evil, espousing good and making me laugh. He was there PERSONALLY for me, not just for everyone else on the blogs. He would email me and send me packages. I have all the gifts he gave me still, except the edible ones. He encouraged me to believe that things would get better, that God was in control. Thank you Joe. I know I haven't written to you, and that though we don't email, or blog, and it has been awhile since we were in touch, still, I think of you every day. I have postcards and things you sent me right in front of my desk, and every time I see them, I think about how you touched my life. I wonder how you are and how your M is and I miss you.
Thank you Chris, another blog buddy. I feel like I have known you my whole life. I cherish the prayers you send up for me and my family. I look forward to your emails and I love talking to you on the phone. You make me laugh, you make me cry, and I am so honored to have "met" you and that you have shared not just your joys with me but your sorrows. Thank you, Chris.
Thank you, Cindy. I'm so glad you found me on facebook. We hadn't talked to each other in 25 years. I don't know why we lost touch after I moved away, but shame on me. I am so grateful for all the fun we had together. I'm so grateful that my first garden was due to you. I can't wait to call you and just hear your beautiful voice again. I am still in awe that you named your daughter after me. I had no idea.
Thank you Mary. You are another person I lost touch with. I was amazed when I found YOUR daughter on facebook. Now I have your phone number and I will be calling you today, too. How strange to see your daughter, all grown up. It seems like just yesterday that she was a tiny baby and that our kids were so small. I can't wait to hear that infectious laugh.
That brings me to my kids, my siblings and my parents. All of you have made life worth living, have brought me so much joy and love. I look at each of you and am amazed at what wonderful kids, brothers and sisters, and parents I have been blessed with. Thank you, thank you.
Thank you, Mal. I need to reconnect with you too, my nekkid chicken soul sister. I think of you every day too. When I dry my hands on that lovely pink kitchen towel that you crocheted with your own lovely hands, I think of you. I think of you when I feed my free range chickens. Every time I see or hear the word cancer, I think of you and your friend Jo, and I miss you so much. I thank you for all those lovely blogs you wrote just for ME and I can't wait to someday hear the end of the story. I love you.
Jodi, you know I love you. I'll be talking to you soon. You ROCK and you are just the best friend a girl could ever want.
To my NEW friends, if you are reading this, you know who you are, thank you, thank you for being there, for loving me when you have never even met me in person. I love you too. I can't wait for the day that we can hug for real.
To anyone reading this, maybe you remember me writing that we should hug our loved ones, we should tell them how much we love them because we never know what tomorrow will bring. Here's a hug from me. I love you all and I'm so grateful for the inspirations you have made in my life.

4 comments:

  1. Boy, Kat, you really know how to humble a person. Thank you very much! Isn't it great to have such wonderful friends?! I know talking on Ebay and now on Facebook has helped me thru some serious rough times, letting me laugh and cry in a good way, meeting new people and knowing you don't need to play games, just be good friends. YOU are an inspiration to me; we all have bad times but they mostly go away. You have taken a bad situation and adapted to it with loads of love and understanding and as such always give me hope in the bleakest times! One can always love and laugh and cry and help in all situations! This is what you have given me and thank you so much!! Whew! Think I used up my seriousness for the whole year! Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...kat.... aren't you omitting the most inspirational and "all knowing"... from somewhere in the "lesser Washington" area....???? I mean, I believe he IS the one who helped us ALL on the eBay blogs... am I right? LOL!

    Nice post... Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you mean LARRY???? Actually he DID help, but not in the way he thought. I obsessed for months over that guy, it gave me a reason to get up and read the ebay blogs after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.... well.... see, now that IS inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!